BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, July 16, 2010

WHAT A WEEK!

First off to answer some questions. I don´t really listen to my ipod because elder whitaker´s ipod has a lot better music than mine. I should have done a better job of filling mine up with songs and stuff. But when christmas comes around, i´ll be set, haha. I got Nick´s letter today so i´ll write him back this week hopefully. We don´t have a lot of time to write letters unfortunately becuase every pday we have to travel up to centro to make purchases and do internet. The travelling wastes about two hours of our pday but we just use it to catch up on some sleep. About my investigators, i´ve told you about patricia. She asked her mom if she could get baptized and her mom flat out rejected it saying that she is too young to know what she wants and that she doesn´t know anything. I had no idea what to say to patricia becuase she was really upset that she wouldn´t be able to be baptized, but the inspiration came and I shared 1 nephi 3:7 where the lord gives no commandment save he shall prepare a way that that commandment may be accomplished. We also shared how it took three tries to get the plates from laban and then as a joke I told elder whitaker we might have to kill her mom on the third try haha. But yeah, she is going to keep asking her mom and we are praying her heart will be softened. We also have Carlos who accepted our baptismal committment a couple weeks ago. I think i told you about him but just in case...he´s living with a member so they are obviously breaking the law of chastity. The next visit we´ll be teaching that so hopefully he´ll keep progressing after that and they´ll get married so he can get baptized. He´s really awesome though.
So i gave a talk in church yesterday. The talks were about missionary work within the ward and my comp and I dropped the cane on our barrio. haha no, we actually weren´t very harsh but I did say something that hopefully will show them we´re serious about this. I said "¿Hay razones que no quieren compartir el evangelio restaurado con sus hermanos y hermanas quienes estén en obscuridad espiritual? ¿O solomente no les importa?" or in other words, "is there some reason you aren´t sharing the restored gospel with your brothers and sisters in spiritual darkness... or do you just not care? haha i was kind of proud about that and maybe they´ll start helping us more. We need the help too because kevin day who usually comes out with us is finally leaving for columbia on wednesday. But yeah they were good talks. On that same note, i want to challenge all of you to share the gospel with someone this week. It´s not easy but it feels good to get into the spirit of missionary work, and all you have to do is bear testimony and invite them to listen to the missionaries.
So this is the first day of a new transfer. Luckily elder whitaker is staying for at least one more transfer here. The world cup ended of course and spain won for the first time ever. No one really cared about the world cup after argentina got out, it was kind of funny.
haha on a little pride note, our zone leaders told me and elder whitaker that we´re leading the zone in numbers which obviously isn´t everything but it feels kind of good to get some recognition. I know i shouldn´t thrive on that but maybe it´s my competitive attitude that makes me want to be the best at everything haha. As long as we know we´re working hard, that should be good enough for us.
So holli and keith are moving? i still haven´t read holli´s email i just realized. I was going to ask what job keith found but i guess holli will tell me that in her letter.
I think that´s all that has happened here. It´s been raining like crazy and it´s only getting colder but i´m having a lot of fun. I love the people here, they´re the best part.
stay safe and everything good like that haha.
love elder newey

0 comments: