BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, March 7, 2011

Zone Conference

Caleta is pretty small. It´s the biggest city this far south but it has like 70,000 inhabitants. I guess that´s not that small haha but compared to comodoro that has like 170,000 people, it´s small. Bariloche only has around 40,000 if i remember right (maybe it was 140,000 haha) so it´s the smallest city i´ve been in yet, but it seemed bigger because the city was bigger for all the tourist attractions. Its a pretty flat city and there is a big statue called "El Gorocito" in centro. I can actually see it in the refection of my computer screen right now, we´re in a cyber right by it. The church is just around the corner so we are around the statue a lot even though it is technically out of our area. But yeah, the people are pretty receptive. We have a big branch about 100 people go every week so things are good. It does actually get really cold here but it almost never snows. I´ll probably still be here in the winter so i´ll let you know how it is haha. Based on the patterns of other missionaries (which i´m not following very well) i´ll probably have 5 transfers here which would be 7 and a half months so i´ll be here for a while, but that is no set thing, just a guess on my part.

Neuquén is really big yeah. just driving through it, I saw a McDonald´s and really wanted to go buy a burger haha. Every month we´ll be travelling up there so i´ll get to know it a little more each time.

That´s way awesome that Holli is having a girl! I bet you are all going nuts haha. When is she supposed to have it again?

So kessa gets her permit this week? is it weird to think that all of us will be able to drive? She told me who she likes but i don´t know if you know yet so i won´t say anything haha.

Did you ever see Elder Whitaker? I´d like to see how he´s doing, if he´s going back to school and when and stuff like that.

I´ll be writing a letter to Brady as soon as possible which on the mission could actually be a pretty long time haha. Ryan´s farewell is Sunday? So does he go in the next wednesday, the 16th? things are all happening really fast, or maybe they just seem fast to me. In the mission, you live in the week. You hardly think about the date until planning session on thursdays and that´s only to think about the next week that you´ll be living in a few days haha so it´s a little different. I´m really excited for general conference that´s coming up and i hope my converts in Bariloche will go and hear a prophet.

I should get to call you all on mother´s day but i hear it is pretty hard to get a calling card down here, it isn´t like Bariloche where everyone is a tourist and wants to call home haha. It´s all good though, because i still have the calling cards you sent with me so i´ll just use those.

Anyway, we have some baptisms planned for this weekend and then on the 19th, we have a bunch so we´re hoping all will go through well. anyway, i think that´s it for the week. I love you

elder newey

0 comments: