BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, April 22, 2010

April 19th letter from Hayden

Sorry to hear about Reese. Who hit her and why was she in the road? I think I got all of the packages but I haven't received the package with cologne or retainer cleaners in it yet. I did get the drivers license package and all is good concerning that.
I actually wrote you a huge letter and a letter to Kyle as well on Tuesday. I went to mail it Wed. and I was looking at the envelopes and something just wasn't right about them. I couldn't figure out what it was until I had dropped them into the mail thing. I had forgotten stamps...So I had to wait two more days to get them back so I could mail them properly so you should get the letter soon.
Spanish is coming along. This week we learned Preterite, Imperfect, Subjective, Progressive, Future, perfect, and Command forms of verbs. This material isn't usually covered for like four years if you were taking Spanish in school and we learned all of this in one week. They had to close down the gym to get the bleacher seats repaired, so now we have to have gym outside and there is no more basketball. They also don't allow football which is quite sad. However, I learned how to play four square which is way intense if you're good at it. Our whole district teams up on everyone else with secret combinations and we are just amazing.
We got our hair cut today, Elder Taylor and I, and it looks like they didn't even do anything to it. The shortest they can go on the top is a 6 which is still pretty long. Luckily it's all free
Did the Jazz get home court for the playoffs? how are they doing? A new teacher is being trained in our district and he is a huge Jazz fan but he refuses to give me updates so I've been dying.
Elder Taylor and I started playing wall ball with those smiley face balls you sent and it gets so intense. I think I sweat more during that than I did during basketball.
Oh I just remembered that we're getting a new district on Wednesday. 12 new people but 4 of them leave in 3 weeks for the MTC in the Dominican Republic where they will be serving. It will be good to not be the new guys anymore.
I forgot to ask you in my last email for Nick's address so I can write him some letters. He wasn't at the farewll so I don't have it.
I mentioned in my letter that you haven't received yet that one of our teachers, Hermana Penaflor, is being transferred to a different district so we'll be getting a new teacher from Mexico. Everyone is pretty sad but honestly, I'm not too upset. I didn't learn very much Spanish from her anyway. She was a great teacher but I will be happy for a change.
The days are starting to run together. The days feel like weeks but the weeks feel like days is a very true statement. It's weird I'll have been here for 3 weeks on Wed.
We had a devotional on Sunday where Elder Alan, the managing director of missionary work spoke to us. He told us a story about how some missionaries had for some reason decided to make a home-made bomb and then set it off in the street. Idiots. The chief of police lived a few houses down the street and so he sent some officers to go check it out. And when the police looked in the missionaries' rooms, they found a map with pins in it--where all of their investigator were and stuff. Obviously, to them, it looked like plans to blow up more houses because they also found more of these bombs in their rooms. I thought it was a pretty funny story because they Elders were so stupid. Don't worry though, I know better than to do something that could get me into prison.
It would be great if you could send me a couple more ties too. Especially a new blue one. Sunday is blue tie day and I'm getting tired of the one I have. Good news though, I haven't been sick yet (knock on wood) even though everyone in my district has been. I'm just a tank I guess.
We came up with a new game to learn Spanish. We quiz someone else with the vocab and if they get it wrong, you get a free shot at them with one of the dry erase markers. They can't move and several times, we just have to take it in the face like men. It's a lot of fun but I think the best part of it is just throwing the marking at someone who can't move.
We had another TRC on Thursday. This time, instead of getting a ridiculously hard investigator, we got a really really easy one. She committed to do everything we asked which was kind of more annoying than the other guy. Maybe we'll just get a normal guy this Thursday.
Well my time is almost up and I have to go to dinner. I love all of you, keep sending letters. Letters are better than emails because I can't always get on to check my emails.

0 comments: