BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Another Week Gone in August

first to answer your questions. my ears are ok they really only hurt in the morning and then fell good usually for the rest of the day. I didn´t get into the doctor last week because the social healthcare here blows. We set up an appointment for two oclock and when we showed up, we waited for the doctor to get there until 230. i guess she was off taking a lunch break or something but there really isn´t anything to make them get there on time. so then we waited another hour until we found out that we weren´t even on her list even though we had been there forever so we just set up another appointment for today and left. so after email, we should be going to the doctors again. I actually don´t use the liner for my sleeping bag, it´s actually really hot in our pension at night because i have my nice sleeping bag which i really love and my thich blanket as well. and yes, we do have water now thank goodness. we also took the showerhead off and cleaned out the hard water buildup inside it so now we get awesome water pressure in the shower i feel like i´m taking my first real showers since i got here. oh and about elder whitaker going to neuquen, they changed it so he´s not going at all anymore. they decided it would cost too much money or something so they´re changing how it´s going to be done but yeah, he´s not going which i´m disappointed about and thankful for at the same time. it´s crazy that school is starting so soon oh and make sure kaleb takes the act again after about december because college writing will help him a ton, and i´m sure he´ll do awesome. he´ll probably get a 39. I got another package but it´s up at the zone leader´s pension so we have to go get that today so i don´t know which one it is yet. i still haven´t gotten brady´s letter but the zone leaders said i had a letter up there too so maybe it came this week. Also, did ryan and kyle ever get my letters?
So i came to the realization last week that i have equal time out in the mission field as i had in the mtc. That´s so weird. I thought the mtc went by quickly, but the field is three times faster! I´m enjoying my last couple weeks with elder whitaker since it´s guaranteed he leaves august 23rd. i decided that i don´t like change but i´m sure it´s going to all be fine. It will be strange working with someone else though, i´m used to how elder whitaker teaches and everything so it will definitely be a change.
let´s see, not a lot has happened this week. i got a stomach bug friday night and puked that next morning. Getting sick on the mission is the worst because if at all possible, you´re expected to go out and work, which i did. it was a miserable day but i´m feeling good now. All the members and investigators we went to gave me their home remedies which i´m sure i won´t be trying haha but they were all really nice and caring. I´m going to be really sad when i have to leave this area the people are so great when they aren´t throwing rocks at you.
but other than that, i´m just working hard. how are things back home? i really like hearing about what´s going on there. I hope everything is going good. Oh i do have one story. Elder whitaker and i were knocking doors one day and i leaned up against a cement post to rest and unknown to me, a gigantic spider was on the other side. it was about the size of a golf ball and hairy and gross. elder whitaker saw it only when it had climbed onto me and crawled all the way up my arm to the collar of my coat where my tag hangs. then he told me about it and i freaked out. i was jumping everywhere and screaming i´m sure i looked ridiculous but i didn´t care. i was just glad i got it off me before it crawled down my shirt haha. oh it was so big. but yeah, that´s my story. how´s the psych season so far? i´m sad i´m missing it but at least i´ll have something to do when i get home.
anyway, i love you all. thanks for the emails, i find myself looking forward to mondays just to read about the family.
love, elder newey!

0 comments: