BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 3, 2010




Another Month Gone??
I´ll answer questions first. The baptism was good, everything worked out, i´ll write more about that in a minute. I did get the package with candy and mac and cheese in it. I´ll probably have another but we have to go check the bolsa. Our pday will be cut a little extra short because I have to go to the doctor today. Don´t be worried, it´s nothing serious, my ears have just been hurting for a while so they want to check them out. I thought i would tell you because they´re going to be billing our insurance so don´t be surprised when you see that haha.
California sounds like it was a lot of fun even though Kaleb had to go to the hospital. I would do anything for some warmth right now. I haven´t showered in two days because the pipes have frozen EVERYWHERE. The sun is out today though so maybe our water will be running when we get home today. That´s funny that Kyle would just go stand by a group of Asians i can see him doing that haha. Speaking of him, did he ever get my letter? I´m still waiting for the letter from brady but hopefully it is here today.
Alright, now about the baptism. So in ward counsel on Tuesday, we told the bishop how we needed to clean the font out before the baptism because someone had left the window open in there to help it air out from the last baptism. That´s all well and good aside from the fact that the last baptism was last November. Elder Whitaker had seen through a top window a thick layer of dirt covering the font and apparently the bishop didn´t understand that because on tuesday, he said he would clean it out friday. So we get there saturday at twelve thirty...and the font wasn´t cleaned out. Do we called the bishop so we could unlock the door and get into the font to clean it and we spent the next two hours doing that. Then we started filling the font and after a little, we realized the water heater wasn´t on and elder whitaker and i tried to turn it on ourselves and almost blew up the church haha. Elder whitaker was messing with it and we didn´t know he was holding a button that ran the gas and then he hit the ignite button and we heard a big boom and a big fireball inside the heater. It´s kind of hard to explain what the heater is like but luckily it was all trapped inside the heater haha. Then the bishop turned it on for us and the water in the font got hotter. It took like two hours to fill up so it´s a good thing the baptism was scheduled for 5:00. But yeah, Patricia got a ride from a member and then she got changed and I got changed into my all white stuff. We had two talks about baptism and the holy ghost and then us and the other elders in our district sang "I like to look for rainbows" but in spanish it´s called "cuando me bautice" not exactly the same thing but it was good. Patricia said that when we started singing, it wasn´t us singing. She´s heard us sing and she said that definitely wasn´t how we sound, it was really cool. But after all that, we went to the font and I did the baptism. I didn´t have to repeat it at all so that is good haha. And for converts we don´t confirm them until the next day at church so we did that yesterday. Elder whitaker confirmed her and it was really good. Things we kind of rushed at the baptism because we were behind schedule so i didn´t get as many pictures as I wanted to but I´ll send some with this email.
Other than that, not a lot happened this week. We found some new investigators that will hopefully start progressing. I think I told you about how elder whitaker has to go on the 10th and 11th to a training thing up in a city called Trelew. I´ll be with elder Moncur who only has 4 months in the mission so neither of us will be able to talk fluently. Another problem is that we found out this week that the training thing is now up all the way in Neuquén so elder whitaker will actually be gone for a week haha...it´s going to be bad. He had a good point though, maybe our lessons will be better because we´ll have to rely on the spirit more than normal, I hope he´s right.
i had something to write to kaleb and kessa but i kind of forgot what I was going to say haha. When i remember it, i´ll write it down so i can remember to include it in the next letter. I hope everyone is good back home, be safe!
love, elder newey

0 comments: