BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 30, 2010

Almost September!

wow where to begin? ok first off, i do indeed know elder justice! he´s my zone leader here and he´s way awesome. Did he say how he knows elder justice? ha it´s a small world I guess. The thing you´ll be doing with elder whitaker´s mom is a good idea because I want to know what he´s doing and what he thinks of his new comp. His new companion was with me in the mtc and is a little on the stranger side haha but he´s a good kid.

My new companion is named Leonardo Rengifo from Colombia and no, he doesn´t speak a lick of english. He was supposed to arrive monday night at ten but his bus didn´t get to comodoro until twelve thirty about so we didn´t get to sleep that night until around one thirty haha. But yeah, it was a little sad tuesday and wednesday because i just wanted to be able to talk to someone in english, because i still can´t express myself exactly like i want to in spanish. But it´s good, my spanish is cruisin along much faster with him as my comp, he talks as fast as lightening so i have to ask him to repeat stuff a lot but I like him. We´ve already seen a ton of miracles together. Our first week together, we set two baptismal dates (we call them fechas) with a brother and a sister named David and Alicia. David is 12 and Alicia is 13. There dad already approved of the baptism but we want to get him baptized too it is just hard because he works so much. But yeah, we´re way excited. Their baptisms are set for the 11 of september so you can tell Kyle that I´ll be celebrating his birthday with a couple baptisms! When does he go into the mtc again? I just got his letter from dear elder last week so i´m still in the process of writing him back but when my letter gets to him he´ll probably already be in the mtc. I am way excited for him.

But yeah, what else to tell you? I´m really really glad i have my personal atm card because i´m out of money for the month. Some unforseen expenses came up that drained the savings I had been working so hard on, like i had to pay both gas and light because elder whitaker was gone. I´ll get that money back but it will take a week or two so without my atm card, I wouldn´t be eating breakfast for a while haha. But everything is good here. Patricia is doing good too, her mom from peru came down this week to visit so we´re trying to teach her but we haven´t been able to find her in a good moment.

Oh yeah and while we were waiting for my comp in the bus station I heard someone say in english, "what are you elders doing out so late?" I was with the zone leaders and we turned around to see an american sitting in one of the chairs by this way pretty latin girl. Well we started talking to him and it turns out he served here like a year ago and came down to visit(probably just to visit the girl he was with haha) but yeah, I got to hear all about the states. We told me all about politics and he had this sweet new phone that had just come out. It made me a little trunky to see such awesome technology and to talk about the states but it was fun at the same time.

Uh what else? oh yeah my comp wants to find a different pension to move into because, as you can tell from the pictures i sent, our pench is worthless. Haha elder whitaker never complained about it so i never did either but now elder rengifo is telling me about his other penches he´s had and i realize we can find something better i bet. So yeah we´ll be working on that for the next couple weeks. I actually hope i´ll be leaving this transfer which ends right after general conference in october. I just want a change of scenery. Quite honesty, I love my area, but i´m getting just a little tired of the wind and just comodoro in general.

But i think that is it for this week. I can´t wait for that package to arrive, the members bug me so much about when my pictures are going to arrive. That will be one hard part about leaving though, is that the members here aare so excellent and chances are i´ll be going to a branch not a ward but it will be exciting either way. Thanks for everything, I love you.
love elder newey

0 comments: