BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Another Week in Bariloche

I´m going to be looking at cameras today but we also have a zone activity so it probably won´t be until the end of pday. That´s crazy how much people are changing. Luke in the MTC, amanda pregnant...insane. I really liked Kyle´s email, and yeah, it´s all true. You don´t need to be able to speak well to transmit the spirit. I´ve been working really hard at trying to teach to a person and not at a person which basically means you teach by the spirit and not some memorized sentences about gospel truth. It´s been really good and we had an awesome experience with Lucas, who is 16.
He, first off, is completing with all of his compromises (i don´t remember the word in english haha. It´s compromisos in spanish haha). He read the restoration pamphlet and prayed and read 3 Nephi 11, but said he didn´t feel any confirming witness. I was like, crap what do I say? Then I heard myself saying, and did you pray after you read 3 ne 11? and he said he had not, at which point I asked him if we could pray right then and there, kneeling down and if he could offer the prayer and ask the specific question, "is the Book of Mormon true?" He did so and just to see an investigator pray on their own and really pour out their hearts to God is the most beautiful thing in the world. Then after he ended the prayer, we just stayed there for a little, kneeling on the ground. Then I asked "so what do you feel?" and he said, "I feel like a... a really strong... heat...inside me." So then we went to Doctrine and Covenants where it explains this feeling and he was way excited that he had received such a strong witness. Then we put a baptismal fecha and set up going to church with him that sunday. It was so incredible. I find myself thinking about him and how I can help him progress more, but in reality, he´s doing all the work himself haha.
We had a much better week, number wise. I feel like we worked a lot harder and you can see the results of it. This week was really warm and then turned really cold. I was bummed because I was tanning up so well. I´m going to be so dark by the end of the summer!
Oh my gosh! I realized I never thanked Adam for his card he sent me! It was so excellent! I really liked the pictures of the tigers.
So yeah, that was the week. Today, we were going to go paintballing as a zone but we have to put it off until the next zone activity because it takes too much time to go there and back but I was so excited for it. Now I think we´ll just be playing basketball so I´m still excited.
That´s it for the week! I hope everything is good there! love you
elder newey

3 comments:

Suz (and sometimes Jeff) said...

Adam loved reading that he liked his tiger pictures.

Anonymous said...

Did you like Bariloche?? Im living in one of the furnished apartments in Buenos Aires couse I came here for work for about 6 months. Im haveing hollidays next week, so Im looking for what to do. Do you suggest me to go there??!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.