BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 24, 2010

ALMOST DONE IN THE MTC

Well it pounded snow here this morning so that means it probably was the same there. This was kind of a boring week, but our new district is loaded with basketball talent. One of the elders even walked onto the BYU basketball team. He plays at like 25% all the time and still works us.
Oh I almost forgot. I got my travel plans this week. Unfortunately, this doesn't guarantee that I got my visa. I won't find our if it came until Thursday or Friday of this week, so keep praying for it to come! But if everything goes according to plan, I'll go to the travel office here at 8:00 in the morning so I should leave here around 830. That means I'll get up to the airport around 9:30 and my flight won't leave until 12:10 so I'll have a really big window to call you. If my visa doesn't come though, and I get delayed, I'll email you early next monday so you aren't waiting around for a phone call that won't come. But if you don't get an email, it means I got my visa because I won't get to email at all monday if i'm leaving. My flight from Salt Lake goes to Atlanta Georgia where we have a huge layover until like 8 at night. Then the flight to Buenos Aires will take a full 12 hours, from where we'll fly probably another 3 hours to Neuquen. Once at Neuquen, I'll get on a bus to go to my area and if it is al the way down south, that could be another 20 hours of travel on the road, so in all, it could be around 2 and a half days until I get to my area. So if you don't get an email next monday, be ready for the call and I'll be on my way to Argentina! So yeah please just make sure that I have some extra money in my account so I will have plenty to check my bags and stuff. I'll do what you said and pay for food with cash and just check bags with the card, that should keep it relatively safe and not stolen.
Other than this, nothing has happened. I just sent a package with some stuff I won't need. I'm so excited for Brady to come in, but I don't think I'll be hosting this week. We've done it for the last two weeks in a row so I guess they thought that was enough for us. I'll keep my eyes open though and I told the district from our zone that is hosting to look for him and let me know where he is. In your letter you said he was coming in Tuesday at 1:15 but I'm hoping you meant Wednesday at that time, otherwise I won't be able to see him because I have class at that time on tuesdays. but anyway, it will be awesome to see him and that's also the day Kyle's getting his mission call! I'm pumped to see where he's going. When are the clements going to russia again? I know it has to be soon I just can't remember.
Oh yeah, how much is left in school? Will everyone be out when I'm calling? I'd like to talk to everyone since I'll have so much time. I'll bring a lot of quarters or you could buy a phone card and send it to me this week, that would probably be easier.
Anyway, I'm way excited. I hope my visa comes through. President Watkins says that as long as you turned everything in on time you should be good and I'm sure we did that. I think we even had it in a few weeks early. And when I say WE had it in, I mean you, mom and dad, had it in because I was being such a slacker.
But I love you all. I love the letters so much, Kaleb's letters are a short breathe of sanity in here. I love hearing from Holli and Kessa and Keith, just keep those letters coming. That's almost all I have to look forward to.
Pray for that stupid visa!
Love, Elder Newey

0 comments: