BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 17, 2010

Week 6, or is it 7???

Dear fam,
Well, three of my favorite elders in our zone left on thursday, so on tuesday night, we had a huge sleepover in their room. Ten of us fit mattresses in there and it was so packed. One elder even slept on top of our dressers. You can imagine the smell in that room, but it was so much fun, it was worth it, and we weren't breaking any rules either. I still need to develop the pictures i got before I can send you any. Elder Newell, one of the leaving elders, said something about his best friend from college named Eric Stapley and that all of his family is from Washington. So I just wanted to ask, what exactly is my relation to the Stapleys and do they have a son named Eric serving in Brazil right now? It would be kind of cool if we were somehow related.

Edler Holland spoke to us on tuesday and he gave the best talk I have ever heard. I've never had a general authority yell at me from the pulpit before. He spoke about the importance of missions and how irritated he gets when he sees missionaries wasting time. He said how tired he is of talking to missionaries about obedience. He bore the strongest testimony at the end. He said some great things like, "You don't have the right to come home from your mission and go inactive," and "somehow, as they pray, the small children who are looking up to you understand to a small degree what you are doing-- don't you dare let them down." I'm so happy I got to hear him speak, he's my new favorite.

I did get the pen Kessa made for me. It's such a nice pen, I carry it around with me everywhere I go and I brag about it to other missionaries I don't even know. Give her a big hug for me. I really liked Summer's book too. My favorite picture she drew was the penguin.

So I took a spanish assessment test thing this past week. It scores you on a scale of 1-7 and if you get a 7, you're like a native speaker, but I'm not usre how accurate the test is because I got a 5.5, and my spanish isn't that good. At least I didn't think it was. I'll bear my testimony at the end so dad can tell me for real how my spanish is coming.

that's awesome that Kessa made it into Musical Theater. I definitely wouldn't have had the courage to do that in 8th grade. I'm glad everyone is doing good. I'm glad Addie is better too. It's so weird that Kaleb is almost a senior and that Kessa is almost in 9th grade! crazy. I should be getting my travel plans this week on thursday. Pray for my visa to come! I'm so excited to get to Argentina and start teaching real people rather than these fake investigators we have to practice on.

Well, I wish everyone luck. I guess I'll say my testimony here, but I can't really put on accents, just be aware.

Jesucrist es mi salvador. A traves su expiacion, podemos vivir con dios despues esta vida. Por el poder de Dios, daba a Jose Smith, el Libro de Mormon fue traducido. Se que Thomas S. Monson es un profeta verdadero sobre la tierra hoy. Yo se que el poder del sacerdocio fue restaurado a Jose Smith en estes ultimos dias. Estoy tan feliz ser un misionero y estoy agradecido por la ayuda que me dan. Todos los amo y amo este trabajo. Este Evangelio es el camino solo a recebir perdon para nuestros pecados. Yo amo esta iglesia. Esta iglesia es mi vida. Jesucristo vendra otro ves en poder y gran gloria. El Espiritu Santo es tan fuerza aqui, y lo siento cada dia.

I don't really have much to say but yeah, en el nombre do jesucristo, amen.
I love the letters you send me, thanks for everything.

Love, Elder Newey

3 comments:

Gigi said...

Boy do I ever miss this kid!!!!

Denise said...

I absolutely LOVE reading his letters every week. So cool. Luc wore a little suit and tie to church on Sunday and I told Seth, that kid is never going to be old enough to go on a mission, I won't have it.

I'm sure you must feel like it was just the other day that he was a little toddler in nursery!

Suz (and sometimes Jeff) said...

Another good letter. He sounds great!!