BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, September 6, 2010

So Billy´s getting married in the temple? that´s excellent. Did he go back to college or what is he planning on doing for a career? I´m excited for him either way, he´s basically like an uncle to us haha.

So the other day I was writing in my journal and realized that it had been exactly one year since I started working at the developemental center. Can you believe that was a year ago? It´s going to be like that in March when I complete a year. I already almost have 6 months on the mission. Oh hey, elder justice wanted me to pass a message to elder slater (i know he isn´t an elder anymore but i don´t know his name) that he is writing him a letter right now so it just get there in about a month or so.

Oh man i´m so excited for Kyle! He´s probably so prepared it is going to be awesome to hear stories from him in Japan. Do you know what his mail address is giong to be in Japan so I can write him? But yeah, tell him happy birthday from me on the 10th, and i´m going to be sending a present, or maybe just a picture, i don´t know yet. Oh man he´s going to love the mtc. Hey also, could you try to find out Sean Halbleib´s address? He´s my friend who is serviing in Russia and I want to write him but I don´t know his address. He almost has a year already on his mission.

Well, about my comp. At the beginning of this last week, i honestly wanted to kill him. I don´t know why but everything he did just rubbed me the wrong way. Everything he said seemed so self righteous to me and I just couldn´t stand it. So I was going to get really mad at him on Thursday during our comp inventory but that morning I decided that I was the one who was being really proud haha so quite literally, I forced myself to get along with him. It wasn´t easy but I think I accomplished it. I humbled myself and now I really like the guy, and I´m learning a lot from him. He still likes to complain a lot but He´s a good missionary and he teaches really well and we´ll have a lot of success together.

This week we found an old guy in his 70´s who had already been taught by a bunch of other missionaries. We didn´t know about it, but he was in our area book, he was about to be baptized even but he can´t give up smoking. So we put another fecha with him and are working with his smoking problem now. The problem is that I would like to give him like a nicotine patch or that nicotine gum stuff that helps people stop smoking easier but it doesn´t exist down here. It´s frustrating but I think we can get him to stop. He told us that he went a whole day smoking only one cigarette, but the problem is that we honestly don´t know if he is lying or not. I hope he´s not. He´s way awesome, he already knows everything and has a way strong testimony.

It´s been really rainy here and I´m still waiting for it to warm up. We have our baptism this saturday with david and alicia so next monday i´ll send you some pictures of it.

I think that´s it for the week though. the time is flying by, before we know it, I´ll have 1 year out, then 1 and a half, and then I´ll be home! Thanks for everything, love you
Elder newey

0 comments: