BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

January 2, 2012

yeah it was cool to see everyone again. I didn´t get to see Sarah for very long because right when she got on, the connection failed and we had to reconnect haha. It was great though, I loved it. Another elder did his call in the morning and said it worked great. Apparently the ciber was pretty packed when we made our calls so that´s why it was so slow. but yeah, in two more transfers i´ll be home anyway so that should be exciting. Tranfer calls come in this Saturday so i´ll let you know on Monday where i´m off to. I´m not really sure what´s going to happen with these transfers but it´s just the adventure of the mission right?
I´m way excited to see where Kaleb is off to. He should get his call in like three weeks right? My guess is Miami Florida Spanish speaking. But i might change it in a couple weeks when the real pressure is on.
It´s pretty hot here. This morning we were out at like 11 in the morning and it was already 30.5 degrees which is like 90 or something Fahrenhite haha. I´m loving it though. This should be my last p day here so we´re going to play football american style in the church in another hour. I really love it here, the elders in the zone are awesome. We all sleeped in the zone leaders pench for new years eve and it was so hot me and another elder couldn´t sleep so we were up till almost 4 talking haha. He´s a really good guy. He´s from washington and I really hope he can make his way down to BYU after he finishes the mission in October.
Mission work wise, it was a really good week. Actually, we paid pretty dearly for the success we had. In the beginning of the week, we kept coming acros pastors that wanted to bash with us. Now that´s something I don´t enjoy doing but when they start insulting Joseph Smith and tell me I´m preaching a lie, we have to throw it down. So we had some intense Bible bashes in the street but I held my own. They can´t argue against the truth and they always whip out the same old scriptures, it´s like you know what they are going to say long before they even say it. They my comp got spit on by a guy we wanted to contact and then right afterwards, we ran into another pastor haha. So that´s how the beginning of the week went and then we got a sick reference of a less active family who has two kids that aren´t baptized. Score. Then we set four other baptismal fechas with some other investigators, so it was a good week. The area should be all primed up and ready for the next elder that comes down here.
Anyway, that was my week. I´ll let you know next week where I´m off to. I´m thinking i´ll be going up by Neuquén. It´s even hotter up there... love ya
elder newey

0 comments: